Union City Metal Shingles
Top Metal Shingles Roofing Contractor in Union City, CA
Get Your Roofing Price Quote – Call (510) 561-0051
Metal shingles have been in use for more than half a century now. It is nothing but stone coated steel roofing that is most durable among all roofing materials. Despite giving the impression of being heavy, these roofs are very lightweight, with the weight of each square foot of the roof being only 1.5 Pounds.
These roofs are so durable that you can even walk on them without the fear of damaging metal shingles/shakes. You have come to the right place if you came here searching for high quality and reliable roofing contractor. We are UC Roofing Pros Inc., the most loved roofing company in the Union City area.
Call us at (510) 561-0051 today to get a free quote for your metal shake roofing project.
Advantages of Metal Shingles/Shakes
Despite being more expensive than ordinary and composite shingles, metal shingles/shakes have gained immense popularity among homeowners in recent times. Here are some essential advantages of using them for the roofing of a structure.
- Metal shingles give a luxurious look and feel to the structure where they are used
- Customers have the option of choosing from a wide range of colors
- Lifetime warranty is provided on the shingles and their intensity. If the shingle is broken, it is replaced by the manufacturer at no extra cost
- Metal shingles are available in the look of a curved tile or a shake look
- A metal roof is arguably the most lightweight in the roofing industry
- The resale value of metal roofs is highest in the industry
- Metal shingles are very durable and even walkable
- Helps in improving the energy efficiency of the structure
- Metal shingles are environment friendly
Metal Roofing Has Evolved Over The Years
Metal shingles were used mainly for the installation of roofs of warehouses in the past. However, more and more homeowners have switched to stone coated metal shingle roofs in the last few years. This is because of the technological advancement that has taken place in the metal roofing industry. These metal shingles have their core made of metals like copper, aluminum, and even stainless steel. The good thing about these shingles is that companies make high use of recycled content in them.
Some Drawbacks of Metal Shingles/Shakes
One reason many homeowners are attracted to but resist their temptation to switch to metal roofing is the cost of this roof. A metal roof can be 2-3 times more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles roofing. Apart from the higher cost of shingles, metal roofing also requires more precise installation, increasing the labor cost on the roofing contractor’s side.
If you are thinking of retiring your existing roof as it has become old and worn out, you can switch to metal roofing, if you have the budget for it. It will enhance the value of your property and give it a very luxurious feel.
Call Union City Roofing Pros at (510) 561-0051 to get all information you need about metal shingles/shakes in Union City. We can complete the roofing in your property in high quality and affordable prices.